Pallet Racking Types
Let’s take a look at the most common pallet racking types.
Types Of Pallets
There are five main types of pallets commonly used today. Find out the pros and cons of each type below.
Typically used for heavier products in a direct flow, wooden pallets can come in a number of designs.
- Large and long-lasting.
- Costs less on average compared to other pallet options.
- Easy to repair.
- Easy to install.
- More resistance than plastic and metal pallets.
- Can be recycled.
- Can be reused and resold.
- The high weight can be costly when it comes to shipping.
- Hard to clean, which can lead to mold growth.
Lightweight Plywood Pallets
Lightweight plywood pallets are used to store light to medium weight materials.
- Extremely strong and durable.
- The light weight makes them great for shipping and transporting.
- Smooth, spotless surface.
- Can be difficult to store in racking.
- Can suffer from water damage if left outside.
There are many reasons why industries use plastic pallets. They are a safe and durable packing solution, especially for shipping needs.
- Corrosion and humidity resistant.
- Resistant to chemicals.
- Long lifespan.
- Safe to handle.
- Easy to clean.
- Not typically used for storage or shelving.
- Higher cost compared to wooden pallets.
These pallets are molded from dried wood fibers, forming one solid piece due to high temperature and pressure.
- Good strength.
- Resistance to moisture.
- Easily handled due to weight.
- Can be stacked atop one another for convenience.
- Susceptible to water damage if left outdoors.
- Some warehouses are not ideal for this type of pallet.
Corrugated Cardboard Pallets
Formed of a framework of corrugated carboard sheets, these pallets are capable of carrying up to 1,650 lbs.
- Easy to handle and transport.
- Exceptionally strong.
- Will not hold up in outdoor weather.
- Cannot be used for heavier materials.
Pallet Racking By Storage Equipment Systems, Inc.
Storage Equipment Systems was established in April of 1982. We are a distributor of warehouse equipment such as racks, shelving, conveyors, dock levelers, and all types of material handling equipment. We have extensive inventory in our Phoenix warehouse, from carts to conveyors, shelving and certainly pallet racks. We have many national and multinational companies that use our products and services throughout the United States, as well as Mexico. What differentiates us from our competition is our care and concern for the customer. It’s not just providing the equipment, but providing the right equipment. Contact Storage Equipment Systems for all your needs today!